Thursday, October 30, 2008

Apple Dapple Cake~



Apple Dapple Cake

2 Cups Sugar
1 1/2 cups Wesson Oil
3 Eggs
1tsp vanilla extract
3 Cups Plain Flour(sifted)
1 tsp soda
1 tsp salt
3 Cups chopped raw apples
1 Cups chopped walnuts

Combine sugar,oil and eggs and beat well with electric mixer. Add vanilla. Then add all dry ingredients. Add chopped apples and walnuts. Bake at 350 for 1 hour and 10 minutes. My oven cooks fast so I only cook mine for 1 hour.
Topping
1 Cup brown sugar
1 stick butter
Boil 2 minutes stirring constantly. Put on cake while hot.I like mine just plain cake but you could serve it with Ice cream or heavy whipping cream.

I'm reminded of a funny memory every time I see this recipe. The Christian school my girl's attended always had an annual auction bake sale. with benefits going toward the school. I baked the Apple Dapple cake and my husband kept bidding on it to up the price for the good of the school LOL some of the ladies told him stop raising your hand so we can buy the cake! ;) I love my DH. Happy cooking. Lisa ~

No comments: