Go on over to my sweet friend Patti's Blog and enter her Christmas giveway. It's a gooseberry patch cookbook. Good luck and Happy Thanksgivng friends.
Saturday, June 20, 2009
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 15 min
Makes: 4 servings
6 cups torn romaine lettuce
2 cups shredded deli rotisserie chicken (from 2- to 2 1/2-lb chicken)
1 can (11 oz) Green Giant® Southwestern style corn, drained, liquid reserved
2 tablespoons Old El Paso® taco seasoning mix (from 1-oz package)
1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend (2 oz)or ww cheese
1/2 cup ranch or French dressing or use lowfat dressing.
1 cup corn chips (1 1/2 oz) us ww wheat crackers
Old El Paso® salsa, if desired.
1. Arrange lettuce on large platter. In 10-inch nonstick skillet, place chicken and reserved liquid from corn. Sprinkle with taco seasoning mix. Cook over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until blended and thoroughly heated.
2. Arrange chicken mixture over lettuce. Sprinkle with cheese and corn. Drizzle with dressing; top with corn chips. Garnish with salsa.
Happy Cooking. Lisa
Thursday, May 28, 2009
20-Minute Chicken Parmesan
Take a traditional favorite, make it low-fat and easy to prepare, and you end up with this chicken entrée. It's so simple, even your kids can help!
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1-3/4 cups spaghetti sauce
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1. Place chicken between two sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4 inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
2. Dip chicken in egg, and dredge between breadcrumbs.
3. Cook chicken in butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until browned on both sides.
4. Spoon spaghetti sauce over chicken; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce, heat and simmer 10 minutes.
5. Sprinkle with cheeses and parsley; cover and simmer 5 additional minutes or until cheeses melt.
NUTRITION INFO (per serving)
Fat: 14.3 g
Carbohydrates: 20.6 g
Protein: 36.7 g
Happy Cooking~ Lisa
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
CABBAGE PATCH CASSEROLE (Crock Pot)
1 pound lean ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 can (15 ounce size) ranch-style beans
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 1/2 cups chopped cabbage
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 can (14.5 ounce size) stewed tomatoes, with liquid
2 stalks celery, chopped
1/4 cup picante sauce
1 cup water
salt to taste
freshly ground pepper, to taste
Directions:In a skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef with the onion. Drain fat. Combine ranch-style beans, cumin, garlic, cabbage and green pepper in crock pot. Stir in stewed tomatoes, celery, picante sauce, water, and beef mixture. Salt and pepper to taste. Cover and cook for 6 to 8 hours. Nutrition Info: Amount Per Serving Calories: 376 Total Fat: 14.4g Cholesterol: 74mg Sodium: 914mg Total Carbs: 31.3g Dietary Fiber: 9.1g Protein: 29.8g
Yummy! Happy Cooking. Lisa