Thursday, May 15, 2008

Beef Short Ribs~



I made Paula Deen's Short Ribs tonight. I Improvised and added a pinch more of this and dash more of that but you can season the ribs to your taste. To go with the ribs I made minute rice and we used the juices from the ribs as a gravy. It was really yummy. I tried a weight watcher recipe from off the E- tools with this meal also .Below is the recipe. I really liked this recipe and I hope you do to.

Asparagus with Shallot Mustard Cream

2 tsp vegetable oil
2 small shallot's, minced
2 Tbsp all- purpose flour
1/2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
1/2 cup fat-free chicken broth
2 tsp mustard, course-grain
1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste

Instructions:

1. Heat oil in small saucepan over low heat. Add shallots and cook until softened, stirring occasionally, about 6 minutes; stir in flour.

2. Very gradually whisk in milk and broth; bring to simmer and let cook 1 minute. Whisk in mustard and season with salt to desired taste; cover and keep warm.

3. Steam asparagus until tender, about 3 to 4 minutes. Divide asparagus among 4 plates and top each with about 5 tablespoons of sauce.

Points value 2 per serving

Cooking Time 12 min

Level of difficulty Easy

Serves 4

1 comment:

Nonnas News said...

I love your recipe blog! I have one also, check it out, its called Patti's Pantry, its listed on my blogroll. Have a great day!!